[pve-devel] firsts cache benchs results

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Nov 8 08:50:27 CET 2012

>>I do not really understand that.
>>
>>The qemu iscsi.c driver ignore the BDRV_O_NOCACHE flag, so how can this result in any difference?!
>>
><see qemu-kvm/block/iscsi.c

I'll redo tests to day.

for sheepdog, libiscsi, maybe BDRV_O_NOCACHE make sense, as host don't see the devices, so host can't cache.
librbd use his own cache implementation on host.( qemu writeback option, activate librbd cache = true)

I think that sheepdog have a writeback cache mecanism, but I need to read the doc.

I'll keep you in touch today with nfs results.