[pve-devel] less cores more iops / speed

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Nov 12 08:51:02 CET 2012

>> Right now RBD in KVM is limited by CPU speed.

Good to known, so it's seem lack of threading, or maybe somes locks. (so faster cpu give more iops).

If you lauch parallel fio on same host on different guest, do you get more total iops ? (for me it's scale)

if you launch 2 parallel fio, on same guest (on differents disk), do you get more iops ? (for me, it doesn't scale, so raid0 in guest doesn't help).