[pve-devel] RFC: vm cloning implementation proposal

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Oct 3 16:23:51 CEST 2012

Also, that 2-step approach makes implementation straight forward:

> 1.) create template:  create a read-only snapshot of all used VM disks

nexenta, rdb and sheepdog: use storage snapshot feature

nfs, directory: we simply make a copy of the image

> 2.) clone template: make a writable copy of above templates

nexenta, rdb and sheepdog: use storage clone feature

nfs, directory: we have to options here

	- create linked clone: qcow2 with base image
	- create full clone: copy template images