[pve-devel] pve-storage : add $preparecopy argument to alloc_image

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Oct 26 17:42:24 CEST 2012

>>The suggestion was to modify qemu-img instead.

About iscsi ?

For the iscsi part, finally, after talking with paolo,kevin, and ronnie

The workaround must be done in iscsi.c

mail from ronnie:

"Seems consensus between Paolo and Kevin is to add a similar workaround to
iscsi.c

Can you hack up a patch for that and send to the list?
It should be fairly easy to do by just copying the code from the other
example.

I could do a patch like that but I rather want you to do it since then you
get the credit/attribution in the git history.
You have already done pretty much all the work required anyway.

regards
ronnie sahlberg
"

But this patch is to not alloc the volume, as "qemu-img convert" create it for us.(except for lvm devices,iscsi devices,...)
(and hang if the volume exist).

do you want to hack qemu-img to write in an existing volume in all cases ?