[pve-devel] qemu 1.2 : lsi + scsi-block don't boot

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Sep 7 17:13:44 CEST 2012

bug of qemu 1.2 :  lsi + scsi-block don't boot

scsi-hd works fine.

I have sent a message to the qemu mailing list.
"> I'm trying to boot scsi-block device with lsi controller, and it doesn't boot. (don't find devices).

> lsi + scsi-block : don't boot
>
> lsi + scsi-hd : boot
>
> virtio-scsi + scsi-block : boot

The LSI driver in SeaBIOS is really a "best effort" driver, it's not fun
to debug it either... just don't use it, pick up the virtio-scsi
backport that is in CentOS and lobby your distro to include it...

Paolo

"

But maybe can we use scsi-hd default for lsi when we need to boot?

(virtio-scsi + scsi-block no problem)