[pve-devel] snapshot improvements

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Sep 24 12:35:35 CEST 2012

> do you think image = size of memory if enough ? (if we have some bytes
> more with incremental ?)

PVE/QemuServer.pm:

    my $driver_state_size = 32; # assume 32MB is enough to safe all driver state;
    my $size = $conf->{memory} + $driver_state_size;

> Also, any problem if some datas in vmstate need to be flushed to disk ?

We still stop the VM for a short period, and I think vm_stop() flush all driver cache.

> I see that you have add a "use writeback cache" patch, maybe it's for that
> case ?

no, this is just for the state file itself.

> If yes, does it works with all devices (ide/scsi/virtio) ? (with any guest driver
> version)

why not? It is basically the same code as used for live migration.

But yes, we need to carefully test it ;-)