[pve-devel] Count monthly traffic

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Apr 17 11:37:53 CEST 2013

Am 17.04.2013 09:44, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>>> I am particularly interested in IO load (on normal ide disks) and memory
>> requirements of rrdcached.
>>
>> Don't have IDE Disks at all. Can only provide SSD or SAS or SATA2 Disks.
>
> I know that you have quite fast hardware. But we need to test on 'normal' hardware.
> Testing IO on SSDs makes no sense, so simply use the slowest SAS or SATA Disk you have ;-)

OK File size is 416k:
~# du -h myrrdfile.rrd
416K    myrrdfile.rrd

But on IDE with 3000 Files it doesn't work every 10s. At least without
rrdcache. But that sounds in general a way to much for such a HW.

I've no idea how to enable rrdcache in this case.

Testscript is here:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vQtYeHXc