[pve-devel] Count monthly traffic

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Apr 17 14:19:24 CEST 2013

Am 17.04.2013 14:11, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> How have you calculated your 3000 Files?
>>
>> 3000 VMs all with 32 nics seems unrealistic to me.
>
> BTW, we have several users with >500VMs, so I guess we can easily reach that limit.

Sure but those won't have 32 NICs. So if we go the way one file per NIC.
We might have 3800 files for 3000 VMs. (800 VMs with 2 Nics so they have
1600 files and the rest with just one nic)

Updating those works pretty good even on IDE and even without rrdcached.
It generates nearly no load at all just 10% I/O Wait. But running so
many VMs shouldn't be done on IDE anyway.