[pve-devel] pve-storage: add Glusterfs Plugin

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Aug 12 12:13:06 CEST 2013

>>Seems I can mount the glusterfs storage from any server. Is there some kind
>>of access control, to limit access to selected servers?

Good point, I don't have read too much glusterfs doc.

According http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_Technical_FAQ

How to make GlusterFS secure?
GlusterFS as of now supports only IP/port based authentication. You specify a range of IP addresses separately for clients and management nodes to allow access. Client side port is always restricted to less than 1024 to ensure only root can perform management operations including mount/umount. New GNU TLS (secure certificate) based authentication is under development. We are also planning to implement encryption translator in the upcoming release. Till then you can even stunnel GlusterFS connections.