[pve-devel] weird errors and inconsistencies from a database

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Aug 12 13:18:22 CEST 2013

Form http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Basic_Gluster_Troubleshooting

[QUOTE]
15. I am getting weird errors and inconsistencies from a database I am running in a Gluster volume

Unless your database does almost nothing, this is expected. Gluster does not support structured data (like databases) due to issues you will likely encounter when you have a high number of transactions being persisted, lots of concurrent connections, etc. Gluster *IS*, however, a perfect place to store your database backups.
[/QUOTE]

Sound strange? Can anyone explain what that mean exactly?