[pve-devel] Plugin to add support for native ZFS on shared storage

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Aug 13 22:52:18 CEST 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 04:08:08 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> I do not understand that description. We have a simple programming model using processes,
> so there are no threads involved. Specially, run_command() is syncrounous, so the output from one
> command cannot interfere with the output from another.

But AJAX calls from the extjs framework is not syncrounous. Eg. a page
load can fire numerous AJAX calls to the backend. To me it seems that
the gui takes the image list which is returned and then for each image
calls the backend method 'path'. If this call to path last longer than
and, unknown to me, specified time the gui sends another call to the
backend even though a previous request has not returned yet with a
response.

I cannot explain it in more details since I do not completely
know what is happening but try to install the plugin on two different
nodes, one with the last patch and one without and see for yourself. To
trigger the behavior at least 10 to 15 images needs to be on the
storage.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Program defensively.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)