[pve-devel] internal dhcp server, where to put dhcp configuration ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Aug 24 17:38:25 CEST 2013

We talk a lot about 'bridge mode' routed mode' and 'nat mode'.
It would be great to have an example /etc/network/interface showing
all those different modes. Just to make sure that we talk about the same
thing:

# bridge mode - IP configuration ids optional here

iface vmbr0 inet static
        address  192.168.1.2
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        gateway  192.168.1.1
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

# routed mode - IP configuration is mandatory

iface vmbr1 inet static
        address  192.168.2.1
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

# nat mode - IP configuration is mandatory

iface vmbr2 inet static
        address  10.0.0.1
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        MASQUERADE(eth0) # not sure how to implement that
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

Do we agree so far?