[pve-devel] internal dhcp server, where to put dhcp configuration ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Aug 24 20:44:09 CEST 2013

>>Compute the ranges should not be a problem (looks simple to me).

We also need to keep in mind that bridge ip (dhcp server ip) must be in the same network than vms ip, to be able to work.

(so maybe don't allow netmask on vmconfig, and use the netmask from dhcp server)

>>We already had a solution for cluster wide lease in May? Although, we only
>>have static IP assignment (from VM config), so I am not sure if we really need
>>that?
We had talked about dhcp-script=.. option, which allow to run custom script to manage lease.
But indeed, if we use only static ip, I don't think we need it.