[pve-devel] internal dhcp server, where to put dhcp configuration ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Aug 25 08:08:25 CEST 2013

>>vmbr0 is connected to a physical interface, so that is IMHO impossible.

Oh you are right

for nat, we can add another bridge.

example : proxmox vmbr0 = public ip adres
          vmbr1 = private addres: 192.168.0.1
          guests = private address : 192.168.0.2

same for routing, we need a second ip address

>>Please can you clearly define what routed mode is (still not understand)?

For me,(like libvirt) routed mode is proxmox host is a router, routing between is external ip and bridge ip for example:

external hardware router(10.0.0.1)-------------->(10.0.0.2 eth0-vmbr0) proxmox host (192.168.0.1 - vmbr1)--------------->(192.168.0.2)GUESTVM

external router have a route : 192.168.0.0/24 gw 10.0.0.2
proxmox host default gateway : 10.0.0.1
guest vm default gw : 192.168.0.1

This is why I think that live migrate can't work, because outside router always have the same route to proxmox host.
(or you need to use a routing procotol like rip/ospf to reconfigure the outside router)
But I think that main usage is for some hosting provider like Heizer,ovh,.... so you don't have access to the hardware router.