[pve-devel] internal dhcp server, where to put dhcp configuration ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Aug 25 20:10:46 CEST 2013

>>That is what we have at: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Model
Yes, indeed. (the wiki use eth0 instead vmbr0, and vmbr0 instead vmbr1, but indeed it should work).

Also I think we don't need "post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/proxy_arp",
if vms nic are on bridges without plugged eth0, the arp protocol can't be routed.

(Note that I don't known if the wiki article talk about openvz or qemu network, don't known if both can work in the same way)

I have found a very good descriptive mail about libvirt networking implementation here:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-June/msg00762.html