[pve-devel] IPOIB lock up issue

eric eric at netwalk.com
Sun Aug 25 23:51:59 CEST 2013

Back in 2.6.32-19 I had an issue where my servers were locking and then getting fenced, tracked down a patch related to ipoib and dietmar fixed the issue.

Just completed upgrade to Proxmox 3.1 and have had one machine lock up so far. No idea why it locked up because nothing was logged. I will place my serial logger on a couple servers in hope to catch some data next time.

I noticed that the change log for 3.1 kernel 2.6.32-23 states "remove fix-ipoib-add-missing-lock.patch (now upstream)"

When that patch was added my systems have been stable. Patch removed and now my system is unstable.

Could be a coincidence.

Can someone take a peek at that patch and new upstream to confirm this same problem is not back?

Thanks

Eric