[pve-devel] OpenVSwitch for KVM Networking?

Carl Perry caperry+proxmoxdev at spherecube.io
Fri Dec 6 02:16:22 CET 2013

Greetings Proxmox Developers -

I'm interested in working on a patch to use OpenVSwitch for networking
instead of the generic bridge. I'm starting a hosting company and would
like to use Proxmox to serve KVM instances, but need more security than
bridge networking can provide. While the basic underly premise is the
same, using OVS would allow the ability to add rules to the connected
ports to prevent spoofing of IPs and MAC addresses, as well as more
advanced metering of traffic via sFlow. Is this something that the
community would be interested in? Would it be better to setup similar
protection rules using ebtables? I'm curious on your thoughts.

  -Carl