[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:53:07 CET 2013

Hi Dietmar,

I appear to have replied only to you in the previous message, please ignore
it.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Sure, we have a web portal where you can download the virt-viewer
> configuration
> values. But those values includes tickets for proxy access with very
> limited
> lifetime (30 seconds), so you cannot simply save the file and start the
> connection
> later, because tickets expires (for security reasons).

On an Android device, when you download a file via mobile browser, you are
typically no more than a swipe and a tap away from opening the file. Since
Opaque is registered to handle the file, there is absolutely no break in
the flow, and there is at most a 2 - 3 second delay between downloading and
tapping on the file.

Therefore, I still think we're in business! :)

I plan to add such extension to remote-viewer (spice-gtk), using a special
> URL schema,
> so that you can start remote-viewer like:
>
> # remote-viewer pve://hostname/vm/100
>
> Would it help if I write that code in C using libcurl?

Sure! Christophe's libgovirt is written in C, and uses librest. However,
libcurl should work just fine.

Thanks!
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.