[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

Eric Blevins eric at netwalk.com
Wed Dec 11 21:52:12 CET 2013

> 2) Login to Proxmox's web interface with a mobile browser.
Proxmox GUI worked ok in Firefox but was a bit slow and clunky to
navigate on a phone.

> 3) Obtain a .vv file for a VM, and tap it to "open" it. Opaque will
> launch automatically and use the .vv file. I've tested Firefox and
> UCBrowser with oVirt, and they can download the .vv files from there
> and open them with one tap or with a swipe of the notification area
> and a tap.
Here is where I run into problems
The file downloaded from Proxmox but is named "spiceproxy" not
"spiceproxy.vv"

I quickly switch to a file manager, rename the file adding the .vv
extension.
Click it, associate with Opaque Beta
Opaque opens, nothing happens.

I've tried this several times with the same results.