[pve-devel] kernel 3.10 : bridge vlan test

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Dec 17 10:23:23 CET 2013

>>The good thing is that the new kernel include the driver. What else do we need
>>to run on the host?

we need tools to manage the kernel driver

#apt-get install openvswitch-common openvswitch-switch

they are a running daemon, but it's only used to manage the configuration. (If the daemon goes down, it doesn't break the switching)

then

create a bridge:

#ovs-vsctl add-br testbridge

(sysfs is available like linux bridge /sys/class/net/testbridge)

add an interface to bridge:

# ovs-vsctl add-port testbridge tap0 tag=10
# ovs-vsctl add-port testbridge eth0

change vlan:
#ovs-vsctl set port tap0 tag=9

remove vlan: