[pve-devel] OpenVSwitch GUI

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Dec 27 14:37:20 CET 2013

>>Please test. Any Ideas for improvements?

The Gui don't display these ovs bond:

allow-vmbr0 bond0
     iface bond0 inet manual
     ovs_bridge vmbr0
     ovs_type OVSBond
     ovs_bonds eth0 eth1
     ovs_options bond_mode=active-backup other_config:bond-detect-mode=miimon other_config:bond-miimon-interval=100

allow-vmbr10 bond1
     iface bond1 inet manual
     ovs_bridge vmbr10
     ovs_type OVSBond
     ovs_bonds eth4 eth5
     ovs_options bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active

About ovs bonding, lacp is possible (tested and working with bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active).

For ovsintport, they are "ovs_options tag=XX", maybe could add a vlan option in gui ? and add it to /etc/network/interfaces with $ovs_options .= " tag=$vlan" if $vlan;

Not related to ovs, but it could be great to an mtu option for interfaces (ethX should be enough, as bridge and bond inherit from eth mtu)
I'm currently trying to have an mtu option in /etc/network/interfaces which also works for "manual interfaces".

I just committed the OVS GUI (pve-common, pve-manager).

Please test. Any Ideas for improvements?

- Dietmar