[pve-devel] OpenVSwitch GUI

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Dec 28 17:14:50 CET 2013

> Sorry, my fault, I have added space before "iface ...". It's works fine now.

OK

> >>I already thought about that. Should also be possible for bridge and bond?
> For bridge, it's possible to add a vlan to the management ip of the bridge itself.
> But we need to add a new option for /etc/network/interface.

Why? I can simply use ovs_options tag=... for that?

On the other side users can simply create an OVSIntPort management port with vlan,
so we do not need that functionality on the bridge.

> I would like to add this option also for classic linux bridge with vlan_filtering.
> maybe : mgmt_vlan  option ?

No idea how that should work - we would need to modify the bridge ifupdown scripts?

> For bond,I think ovs_options tag=... should work, like other ports. (I'll check that)

thanks

> >>But you can already edit ovs_options on the GUI.
> I think users don't want to read openvswitch manual for simple options like this.
> same for lacp.

OK, I will try to improve that.