[pve-devel] default cache option=none vs writeback

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Thu Feb 14 09:01:33 CET 2013

Hi,

for cache=none librbd disables the rbd cache internal. Only for
cache=writeback it enables the internal rbd cache.

At least that's what the devs of ceph told me. I also encouraged data
loss when using cache=writeback with rbd and crashing VMs and i haven#t
seen this since using cache=none.

Greets,
Stefan