[pve-devel] new has_feature for 'create_base'

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Feb 16 08:37:01 CET 2013

>>Please can you assemble a patch for that?
Yes sure, I'll send it today.

> lvm could be also use template but only copy for now. (maybe clone in the
> futur ?)

>>makes no sense if we can't clone? Or can we clone by creating a qcow2 image
>>on, but what size do we use?

>>dm-thin solves the problem, but only works for local storage. So that also
>>dose not make much sense.

Yes, I think cloning is not for now if we can't get it work in cluster.
But having lvm templates for copy could be great.

(vmware esx && citrix xenserver, provide templates that you can copy (and clone if storage support it)).

One other thing that could be great, is to have some "public" templates, available across differents vm pools.
Could be usefull to provide generic templates for differents customers.
What do you think about this ?

> mmm, yes, maybe is better to hava a "base" feature. (maybe
> has_feature('template') ?)

Yes, I like has_feature('template') ;-)

> I think we can add it to all storage can be template, except storage we can't
> rename. (iscsi,isciredirect)

Please can you assemble a patch for that?

> lvm could be also use template but only copy for now. (maybe clone in the
> futur ?)

makes no sense if we can't clone? Or can we clone by creating a qcow2 image
on, but what size do we use?

dm-thin solves the problem, but only works for local storage. So that also
dose not make much sense.

Too many open questions for me :-(