[pve-devel] disabling tablet by default for linux guest to use vmmouse ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Feb 21 15:21:09 CET 2013

After some investigations,

I see that vmmouse is loaded is ps/2 mouse is not the default mouse pointer.

So if we load usb-tablet, vmmouse is never loaded. And usb-tablet use more cpu power.

I have tested ubuntu 8.0.4 (released in 2008), and vmmouse works fine.

So maybe can we disable usb-tablet on linux by default, and keep it enable for windows guest.

Like this we can also use usb-tablet on usb2 for windows, and lowering the cpu usage of windows guest.

I'll try other old linux guest distro this week to see if vmmouse is working.