[pve-devel] successfull migration but failed resume

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Feb 24 08:23:31 CET 2013

>>Why do we want to change anything (I guess I missed some mails)?
>>If the 'cont' command fails, we should try to find out why?

Yes sure, It was just a proposal to improve things.

Mainly if the source host crash at the end of the migration, or qmp migrate-status hang,...
, before the file is move or the resume command is sent.
And also to reduce from some ms the migration time.

But of course not for proxmox 2.3 ;)

Now, why the 'cont' fail,I really don't known, I can't reproduce it easily.
What we need to verify, is "can we resume manually the target vm if the 'cont' fail ?"
maybe something bad has happen during the migration, and target vm is in strange state and qmp fail ?