[pve-devel] successfull migration but failed resume

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Feb 24 09:02:47 CET 2013

>>Yes, that is what I thought about.

Another possibility, is a race condition with file rename.
If the file is rename on node1, but not yet on node2, the qmp resume will fail
"unable to find configuration file for VM xxx - no such machine"
(I don't known how pve clusterfs work)

I have send a patch to mailing to display qm result error is migration task log

>>The only safe thing is to stop both sides?

Well, it's already "safe", because target process is in pause state, and source process goes in pause at the end of the migration.

So if qm resume fail, I think user simply need to resume it manually.