[pve-devel] ceph 0.56 is coming. do we need to keep compatibility with 0.48 ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jan 2 14:38:26 CET 2013

Hi all (and happy new year ;),

Ceph 0.56 stable is coming soon (testing for now, but should go in stable branch in coming days).

Do you need to keep compatibility with 0.48 clusters with the storage plugin ? (as rbd is not officially supported)

I see 2 new things:

-image format V2. required for cloning. This require to pass format argument when we create the volume.

- rbd ls -r
  display all infos of rbd images (size,parent,...) with 1 api call. (currently we need to call "rbd info" for each volume)

So, Do we need to keep compatilibity, and introduce a new storage param like "version" or not ?

Regards,

Alexandre