[pve-devel] Storage migration: 1.0rc1

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Mon Jan 7 19:44:19 CET 2013

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:41:28 +0100 (CET)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> If I remember,
>
> they are 2 qmp commands:

I was reading some of the discussions on the qemu maillist and if a
remember correct you are right. But the were referring to this as two
steps or phases. Phase 1 is the the migration itself which includes a
temporary stage involving a backend file where changes are stored while
the migration takes place - all this can be completed within a
transaction. The second phase which cannot be contained in the
transaction is the activation of the new storage in the VM and for
which there are no rollback since this phase includes removing the
backing file and the original storage.

At any moment in phase 1 you can request status and the user will have
the ability to request a rollback but as sone as phase 2 is initiated
then it will be a point of no return.

> - we can doing livemigration with migrating the disk. (option of qmp "migrate" command)
> - we can migrate storage live (qmp disk mirror..), without migrating the vm

The command is drive-mirror.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen