[pve-devel] storage migration: extend "qm migrate"?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Jan 17 09:04:09 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm begin to look for storage migration implementation,

do you think we need to extend "qm migrate" ?

something like:

qm migrate <vmid> <target> --virtio0 local:raw --virtio1 nfs:qcow2 --virtio3 rbd:

1) if targethost = sourcehost , then we only migrate storage

2) if targethost != sourcehost, we migrate the vm + migrate storage(with nbd)

what do you think ? Does it make sense ?

1) should be easy to add on top of my clones patches

2) require a little more work to implement nbd