[pve-devel] template considerations

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Jan 27 11:05:56 CET 2013

>>Maybe it is also convenient to allow to transform a single disk
>>to a template on the GUI. The disks gets simple replaced by
>>a clone in the VM config.

I don't understand , can you provide an example ?

>>Another thing I am thinking about is how we can mark cloned
>>disks. I would be convenient to use some other naming so that
>>we can see if a volume is cloned or not. For example:
>>

>>normal volume: local:100/vm-100-disk1.raw
>>base volume: local:base/test.raw
>>cloned volume: local:base/test.raw/100/vm-100-disk1.raw

I don't know, currently we can see if it's a clone with browsing volumes.
(qemu-img info for files, rbd/sheepdog/nexenta with listing commands).

Currently I check only if clones exist when deleting a template.
Do we need to known if volume are clones for other thing ?

With your proposal,how do you do if a base volume is also a clone of another volume ?