[pve-devel] template considerations

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Jan 27 17:26:37 CET 2013

>>Note: extending the volume name parse should be really easy?
Yes, sure no problem, we can go this way,it's just some regex to change ;)

One thing I'm not sure it's about to have a "semi" template, if a vm have 2 disks, and we convert only 1 disk to base image.

When we have converted the first disk to base image, we can't start anymore the vm.
But we can't clone the template because the second disk is not a base image.
So we need to delete or convert the second disk to base image, to be able to clone the template.

Isn't more easy to allow only full vm conversion (all disks) to template and don't allow  specific disk to base image conversion ?