[pve-devel] volume rename not possible for sheepdog && nexenta

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jan 28 10:19:39 CET 2013

Hi,

volume rename is not possible for sheepdog (I have asked in the sheepdog mailing list),
and not implemented in nexenta api. (seem to cause problems with snapshot-clone dependencies).

So maybe can we do this:

Convert a vm to template == Create a template from a vm.
- We simply copy the vm disks in "base/diskname" or with "base-diskname" + vm config
- It doesn't break the current vm
- We can also copy 1 disk

Clone a template to a vm
We can create a new vm from the template. (linked clone or copy clone)

Clone a template to a template
- We can create a new template with linked disk clones in "base/" or base-diskname, usefull to make a new revision of a template, and keep good storage space/speed.
- we can create a new template with copy disk clones in base/ or base-diskname

What do you think about it ?