[pve-devel] volume rename not possible for sheepdog && nexenta

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jan 28 11:19:11 CET 2013

>>Just reading Nexenta API docs. Seems we can snapshot/clone a
>>a zvol, where we can use a new name for the clone?

simply :
 nexenta_request($scfg, 'clone', 'zvol', "$scfg->{pool}/$volname\@$snap", "$scfg->{pool}/$volnamedst");

But you can't delete the original volume if a clone exist.

>>It we detect such clone, we can then simply hide the original volume from our list?
Yes, I think it should work.
But if you delete the template, and recreate a vm with same id, when you'll try to delete the vm, it'll hang on the volume.