[pve-devel] template considerations

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jan 29 07:53:11 CET 2013

>>That is not a problem - you also do that with your current approach?

With my current patches, I can't attach a disk to 2 templates.
(It's just a vm with a template flag=1, disk id are attached to vm with same vmid).

if you want, we can rename the basedisk with vmid when we convert it
And we can attach theses disks with any other vms. (as they have base- in their name)

so for vmid:100

disks:
local:100/vm-100-disk1.raw
rbd,sheepdog: vm-100-disk-1

become

file: local:100/base-100-disk1.raw
rbd,sheepdog: base-100-disk-1

is it ok for you ?

(Note: I have already more/less finish the implementation we talk yesterday, It wasn't too difficult to adapt my patches)
I'll send you patches at the end of the day.