[pve-devel] spice tls + proxy: ssl_verify.c:484:openssl_verify: ssl: hostname

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jul 17 08:23:05 CEST 2013

>>Sigh, so we cannot encode anything in the host.

I don't known if the ssl host verification is done on client side or server side ?
(If it's server side, we could hack the spicelib to get the host from the ticket value)

> And try to push it upstream.
>>Maybe, but that can take a long time?
Don't known, they are a new spice release around each 3 month. But then some distro like debian will not update it soon.

>>What is 'host-subject' used for?

It's require if the host value (dns name) don't match the hostname on the server.

Should be something like this:

real server hostname = kvmtest1.odiso.net

host=kvm.odiso.net
host-subject="OU=PVE Cluster Node,O=Proxmox Virtual Environment,CN=kvmtest1.odiso.net"

(It's for certificate verification)