[pve-devel] Contribution

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Jul 19 10:57:38 CEST 2013

> Fx I don’t want to come in a situation like Kamil where he develop a very nice
> (in my opinion) feature – differential backup – which you don’t want to
> include in the release (don’t know exact reason though)
> http://ayufan.eu/projects/proxmox-ve-differential-backups/

I always told them that I would not include such patches.

Besides, there is never any guarantee that patches will get included.
And  If you have such fears you are better off not trying to contribute something.

> I think it’s a shame that features like these are not officially included in your
> releases in some way... I understand that you want to keep things simple and
> stable (or stable and simple ☺ ), but at least it would be nice to be able to
> fetch features like these – fx from a contribution repository, or making the
> code more modulized/pluginable, so adding features like above can be easy
> added by users.

That is up to the people making those contributions - they can set up and maintain their own repository.
Why the hell should I maintain something I don’t want to include?

> Do you have a roadmap (not just the one from the wiki with 3 lines)? A
> wishlist?

No.