[pve-devel] update disk config, always rescan all the storage, can we avoid that ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jun 3 13:58:06 CEST 2013

>>Some time ago I though we can simplify the whole vm_update by restricting the
>>function to change only a single option (and provide a separate update function
>>for each option type), but I am not sure.

Not sure it's easy, because we can update multiple options in 1 api call from gui. (like mbps_rd,mbps_wr,iops_rd,iops_wr,..).

Maybe it'll be easier to split update and remove/add disk ?

This could be also usefull for storage which can take time to create or delete (like rbd with big files), we could create a worker task when add/remove disk.