[pve-devel] multicast fixes

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jun 3 18:00:56 CEST 2013

Seem that the 2 patches are from a 3 patches series, with the first one:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/net/bridge/br_multicast.c?id=1c8ad5bfa2be5025b0c81e3c2decd0574d453ab1
"bridge: use the bridge IP addr as source addr for querier
Quote from Adam: "If it is believed that the use of 0.0.0.0 as the IP address is what is causing strange behaviour on other devices then is there a good reason that a bridge rather than a router shouldn't be the active querier? If not then using the bridge IP address and having the querier enabled by default may be a reasonable solution (provided that our querier obeys the election rules and shuts up if it sees a query from a lower IP address that isn't 0.0.0.0). Just because a device is the elected querier for IGMP doesn't appear to mean it is required to perform any other routing functions.""

http://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2013/05/25/23

They a are multicast_query_use_ifaddr bridge value, to enable bridge ip as igmp queries source ip.
It should fix the cisco bug !

I'll backport it too