[pve-devel] tasks / ressources

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jun 10 06:57:07 CEST 2013

>>You have up to 16 different cluster nodes, and they update at different times.
>>
>>But I simply never had problems polling each second.
Ok for a big cluster, now if you have a only a single node, it doesn't make sense.

in pvestatd,

my $updatetime = 10;

so update status occur each 10seconds.

>>pvestatd is a separate processs - so what do you miss?
As a storage status can be "slow", do update_qemu_status(),update_storage_status(),update_node_status() in parallel.
This can speedup things.

> (My main problem is that I can see noticable delays when start/stop vms)
>>I doubt this is related to pvestatd?

But this is pvestatd which pool QemuServer::vmstatus() to see if the vms are stop/started, right ?
So pooling each 10s, you can have delay on status refresh in gui.

What I would like to have, is:

- vm status : pooling each second (pvestatd / pve-manager)
- vm,storage,node stats : pooling each X (10?) seconds (pvestatd/ pve-manager)