[pve-devel] Updates for Proxmox VE 3.0 - including storage migration ("qm move")

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Mon Jun 10 10:33:15 CEST 2013

Hi all,

We just uploaded a bunch of packages to our pvetest repository (http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_repositories) , including a lot of bug fixes, code cleanups, qemu 1.4.2 and also a new quite cool new feature - storage migration ("qm move").

A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.

Release Notes

- ceph (0.61.3-1~bpo70+1)
  *update of ceph-common, librbd1 and librados2

- libpve-storage-perl (3.0-8)
  * rdb: --format is deprecated, use --image-format instead
  * be more verebose on rbd commands to get progress
  * various fixes for nexenta plugin

- vncterm (1.1-4)
  * Allow to add intermediate certificates to /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem (users previously used apache option SSLCertificateChainFile for that)

- pve-qemu-kvm (1.4-13)
  * update to qemu 1.4.2
  * remove rbd-add-an-asynchronous-flush.patch (upstream now)

- qemu-server (3.0-20)
  * new API to update VM config: this one is fully asynchronous.
  * snapshot rollback: use pc-i440fx-1.4 as default
  * config: implement new 'machine' configuration
  * migrate: pass --machine parameter to remote 'qm start' command
  * snapshot: store/use 'machine' confifiguration
  * imlement delete flag for move_disk
  * API: rename move to move_disk
  * implement storage migration ("qm move")
  * fix bug 395: correctly handle unused disk with storage alias
  * fix unused disk handling (do not hide unused disks when used with snapshot).

- pve-manager (3.0-23)
  * fix bug #368: use vtype 'DnsName' to verify host names
  * fix bug #401: disable connection timeout during API call processing
  * add suport for new qemu-server async configuration API
  * support 'delete' flag for 'Move disk'
  * add 'Move disk' button for storage migration

Best Regards,

Martin Maurer

martin at proxmox.com
http://www.proxmox.com