[pve-devel] pveproxy: I might have discovered a bug

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Jun 22 13:11:30 CEST 2013

>>But firebug showed that the call was an AJAX call to the pvedaemon so
>>this is not the browser making another request but more likely it is
>>extjs which is making a new AJAX request due to a configured timeout.

you should also see this in firebug, this is your browser which make the ajax request ;)

If not, maybe it's a bug in pveproxy which make the request again and again to pvedaemon, but I'm not sure it's possible.

>>I think you will run into problems since nexenta by default only gives
>>the user access to a restricted shell but maybe ssh is not limited to
>>that?
no problem, it's possible to bypass the nexenta restricted shell,they are some magic options ;)

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:55:06 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> I think it's normal that the browser retry the GET request if he receive a timeout.

But firebug showed that the call was an AJAX call to the pvedaemon so
this is not the browser making another request but more likely it is
extjs which is making a new AJAX request due to a configured timeout.

> I'll check the nexenta plugin, because with a lot of zvol, the api can be slow too, because of each zvol call to retrieve parent,size,... (can take up to 1 or 2 min with 400zvols)

Yep, I also first run into this bug when the number of images grow
beyond some unspecified limit.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen