[pve-devel] pveproxy: I might have discovered a bug

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Jun 23 13:04:16 CEST 2013

I'm not sure, but maybe it's comming from http_request() from pveproxy to pvedaemon

from http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/HTTP-Message-6.06/lib/HTTP/Request.pm

"
persistent => $boolean
Try to create/reuse a persistent connection. When this flag is set (default: true for idempotent requests, false for all others), then http_request tries to re-use an existing (previously-created) persistent connection to the host and, failing that, tries to create a new one.

Requests failing in certain ways will be automatically retried once, which is dangerous for non-idempotent requests, which is why it defaults to off for them. The reason for this is because the bozos who designed HTTP/1.1 made it impossible to distinguish between a fatal error and a normal connection timeout, so you never know whether there was a problem with your request or not.

When reusing an existent connection, many parameters (such as TLS context) will be ignored. See the session parameter for a workaround.
"

If I understand, by default, GET from proxy to pvedaemon are retried if pvedaemon timeout.