[pve-devel] spice : proxy relay to remote proxy ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Jun 27 05:59:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm testing the spice proxy, works fine ! (Damn, you are good with perl ;).

I wonder if we need to connect to a remote spice server, if we couldn't forward the packets through the remote proxy

client----> proxy1 (HTTP CONNECT)------>proxy2 (HTTP CONNECT)------>spice server
client<------------------------------------------------------------->spice server

I think it should work, and should be RFC compliant
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.txt

"It may be the case that the proxy itself can only reach the requested
   origin server through another proxy.  In this case, the first proxy
   SHOULD make a CONNECT request of that next proxy, requesting a tunnel
   to the authority.  A proxy MUST NOT respond with any 2xx status code
   unless it has either a direct or tunnel connection established to the
   authority.

   An origin server which receives a CONNECT request for itself MAY
   respond with a 2xx status code to indicate that a connection is
   established.
"