[pve-devel] corosync, multicast problem because of vmbr multicast_snooping enabled

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Mar 8 19:29:31 CET 2013

>>@alexandre: what switch model do you use?

production: cisco 6500 WS-X6548 modules

test : cisco 2960g

Both have igmp snooping manually disabled.

Note that my main problem was that, when shutting down a node of the cluster, after 2 min, all nodes linux bridges blocked the multicast traffic.

Now, I see that old kernels (include redhat), send igmp queries by default when igmp snooping module is enabled
This behaviour have change last year,
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/152295/

Because it can conflict with igmp of physical switchs