[pve-devel] corosync, multicast problem because of vmbr multicast_snooping enabled

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Mar 11 06:41:15 CET 2013

Thank for help Michael

>>1) Configure your switches to always have numerical lower IP than any
>>hosts on the same vlan

Not sure it'll help, as igmp query from linux have 0.0.0.0 address and not real host address.
But my switches have lower ip than my proxmox hosts

also,

cisco doc say:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/multicast/configuration/guide/b_multicast_chapter_0110.html
"
Note
The IP address for the querier should not be a broadcast IP, multicast IP, or 0(0.0.0.0).
"

So maybe cisco really don't link 0.0.0.0 address quierer...

I have send a mail to patch author, maybe can he give us more informations about the problem.

I'll continue tests this week.