[pve-devel] corosync, multicast problem because of vmbr multicast_snooping enabled

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Mar 11 09:55:39 CET 2013

>>I have unmanaged (cheep) switches, so I guess they do not send IGMP querier messages.

I think that if you have unmanaged switches, they don't have igmp snooping feature, so by default they forward all multicast packet to all ports
I think that all managed switches, with igmp snooping features, have an igmp querier enable by default, or multicast won't work.

>>So if I disable that on linux bridges it will break multicast in my cluster?

Try with putting proxmox management ip on ethX interfaces and disable bridge, multicast should work without any queries.
Also I think that multicast works before kernel 2.6.34 when igmp query on bridge was added.

I'm currently building the kernel with patch, seem to apply without problem.