[pve-devel] Support for hot add disk/nic

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Mar 23 19:51:39 CET 2013

you can check dev mailing 2 or 3 week ago.

The main problem was with hot-unplug, and guest without acpi.
(removal was not working (notmal) but it's was breaking the nic or disk access.

Note since that I have improve the behaviour, and now it's safe for guests without acpi.

The only thing we need to add, is guest agent support, to verify that a disk/parition is not mounted before unplug.
(For windows it's ok without guest agent, acpi unplug will fail if disk is mounted/locked, but on linux it's forcing the removal if disk is mounted).