[pve-devel] spice-proxy and some other spice things

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Mar 25 08:24:50 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm currently working on spice, and I see that spice support proxy now.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2012-August/010606.html

Squid can be use for example, using HTTP connect method.

First connection is made to squid with http/https, then squid is tunneling the tcp connection between the client and the spice server.
So performance must be ok.

also the virt-viewer client, now support config file and can handle this connection config file with mime type "application/x-virt-viewer"
(Can be usefull if spice-xpi is not available on the browser)

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.virt-tools/5225

I'll try to do some patches for pve-qemu-kvm and qemu-server when wheezy updates will be finish.