[pve-devel] copy_vm: new option -target

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri May 3 10:11:15 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan,

Just to known, why don't you use linked clone ?  (Do you have tried it, does it work fine with rbd ? are io/s good ?)

Another idea for later, we could also implement:

1)rbd clone
2)rbd flatten  (this detach the clone from the parent, copying data from parent to child)

Same can be use with nexenta for "full clone" from a snapshot.

I could be also usefull to detach an existing linked clone (it's also possible with qcow2 clone I think)